EATON, CHARLES

Posted: 914155200000
Classification: Will
Edited: 994681244000
Surnames: EATON
Registry of Wills P. 15-16 Tompkins Co.
Will dated May 26, 1856 of Charles EATON
Died: 1 January 1862

At a Surrogate Court held for the County of Tompkins, at the office of the County Judge of the said county, in the Village of Ithaca, on the 26th day of May in the year 1856-present S.P. _____(looks like Huram?) County Judge.

On testament, purporting to be the the last will & testament of Charles EATON, bearing date the 20th day of March in the year 1856 was produced in court and showed to each of the persons sworn as witnesses as herein after mentioned. Which instrument is in the words and figures following viz: in the name of of God Amen.
I, CHARLES EATON of Dryden in the county of Tompkins and State of New York, aged twenty eight years being of sound and disposing mind and memory-do make publish and dictate this my last will and testament in manner and form following-that is to say-First-I give and bequeath unto my beloved mother, MARIA EATON all of my real estate-Second-I give and bequeath to my aforesaid Mother all of my personal estate of whatever nature soever-
Lastly-I hearby nominate and appoint my beloved brother LEWIS EATON sole executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made-
In ___________whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the twentieth day of March in the year 1856.
Signed: CHARLES EATON L.S.

The above instrument consisting of one sheet was at the date thereof signed sealed, published and delivered by the said CHARLES EATON as and for his last will and testament in presence of us who at his request and in his prsence and in the presence of each other have subcribed our names as witnesses thereto.

S.W.SMITH residing at Ithaca, NY

EMELINE EATON residing at Dryden, NY

EMELINE EATON of the Town of Dryden in the County of Tompkins being first duly sworn, deposeth & saith, that she was acquainted with the above mentioned CHARLES EATON deceased in his life time; that she saw the said CHARLES EATON deceased, subscribe at he said thereof instrument now shown to this deponent, purporting to be the last will & testament of the said CHARLES EATON & above described that she heard the said CHARLES EATON declare the same to be his last will & testament; that this deponent subscribed her name as a witness thereto in the pressence & at the request of the said CHARLES EATON that the said CHARLES EATON was at the time, in the opinion of belief of this deponent of sound mind & memory-and not under any restraint; and that he was about 28 years of age, that he died on or about the 9th day of May in the year 1856 and was a resident of the Town of Dryden in the County of Tompkins at the time of his death

sig. EMELINE EATON

SAMUEL W. SMITH of the town of Ithaca in the County of Tompkins being first duly sworn, deposeth & saith he was acquainted with the above mentioned CHARLES EATON deceased in his life-time: that he saw the said CHARLES EATON deceased, subscribe at the said thereof instrument now shown to this deponent, purporting to be the last will & testament of the said CHARLES EATON above described; that he heard the said CHARLES EATON declare the same to be his last will & testament; that this deponent subscribed his name as a witness then in the presence & at the request of the said CHARLES EATON

Sig. SAMUEL W. SMITH
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ELMAR 914155200000 
CONNIEJOHNSON... 1026531042000 
eileenarndt 1027037843000 
khendrix681 1068149770000 
CONNIE EATON,JOHNSON 1078970953000 
eileenarndt 1244596093000 
KONILE8939 1244902295000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic