I am new to researching in New York and have found that my ALLISON & Elya/Elyea families come from NY State prior to 1850.
I have the following information on my family and am hoping to find someone who may have ties to them.
William ALLISON b. 1801 New York
m. 1820/21 (probably Stueben Co., NY or Tioga, Co. NY)
Rebbeca ELYA b. 1801 New York
Lived in Stueben Co., NY 1830-40 â€“
Moved to IL 1846 (spring)
Lived in McHenry Co., IL 1850
Lived in Walworth Co., WI 1860-1870
Lived in Chickasaw Co., IA 1880
1. Deborah A. ALLISON 26 Jan 1823 Steuben, NY d. 4 May 1911 1905 88 yrs, 3 mo, 21 days New Hampton, Chickasaw, Iowa
m. 10 Mar 1843 S. H. ACKLEY b. 12 Jun 1821 d. 6 Jun.
1846 to Walworth, WI
1860: Harvard, McHenry Co., IL
1873: to Chickasaw, IA
Children: Charles Montgomery b. 20 Jun 1845 Penn Yan, Yates, NY d. 18 Jul 1907
Mary m. Sorter Ionia
Marion Adelbert (not married)
Frank M.b. 1856 Chickasaw, IA
Harriet E.( Hattie) m. Gillett, Hamer ND.
2. ? male may have stayed in NY
3. ? male may have stayed in NY
4. Hiram b. 1828 b. Steuben, NY (think he is the Hiram in Jackson, Co., OR 1880 census records).
5. Alfred L (Alanson) ALLISON b. 30 Jul 1830 Steuben, NY d. 9 Feb 1907 Lewis Co., WA
m. Mary Elizabeth KENNEDY 25 Dec. 1962 Baker Co., OR (my line, have history)
6. Bradlay b. 1833 NY (I believe this is the other brother that went over the OR trail and was shot by Indians.)
Notes: There is no record of him after the 1850 census in SD, IA, WA or OR.
7. Harriet b. Steubern Co., NY 1836 NY d. aft. 1930 age 94 Canistota, SD
m. Henry Godfrey Little Brown Church in The Vale, Nashua, IA
children: Dwight, George
8. William P. b. 1838 Penn Yan, Yates Co., NY d. 22 Feb. 1919 Nashua, IA buried Greenwood Cemetery, Nashua, IA
m. Hannah Ayers 22 Apr 1860 Waldworth, WI buried Greenwood Cemetery, Nashua, IA
Children: Lewis d. infancy
9. Dwight b. 1843 d. ? living in Madison, WI on Wills Street in 1880
Children: Georgiana, Charles, William, Lucy
10. Elizabeth b. 1845