McOMBER, Abner of Schenectady, 1871

Maureen Macomber (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2002 7:37PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: McOmber
Schenectady County; L-68
Source: Transcribed from SAMPUBCO copy

Will of Abner McOmber

In the name of God Amen. I Abner McOmber residing at ?? 14 Smith St. in the City of Schenectady being of sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of this frail and transitory life, do therefore make, ordain, publish and declare this to be my last will and testament. That is to say:

First - After all my lawful debts are paid and discharged, I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Mary E. McOmber in case she survives me, all my real and personal property of whatever name or nature. My wife to pay my mother Fifteen Dollars per year during mother [sic] natural life.

Likewise, I make, constitute and appoint my said wife Mary E. McOmber to be Executrix of this my last Will and Testament hereby revoking all former Wills by me made.

In Witness whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal the _____ day of March in the year of Our Lord one thousand eight hundred and seventy one.

Abner McOmber L.S.

Witness:
Robert Bryson
Henry V. Jackson

The above written instrument was subscribed by the said Abner McOmber in our presence and acknowledged by him to each of us; And he at the same time declared the above instrument so subscribed to be his last Will and Testament; and we at his request have signed our names as witnesses hereto and written opposite our names our respective places of residence.

Robert Bryson of Schenectady L.S.
Henry V. Jackson do
April 5, 1871

Admitted to probate June 1, 1880

Find a board about a specific topic