Search for content in message boards

Irish origin information on Patrick O'Donnell, from Cortlandt/Philipstown/Peekskill Putnam County, NY

Replies: 2

Irish origin information on Patrick O'Donnell, from Cortlandt/Philipstown/Peekskill Putnam County, NY

Posted: 1515110816000
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Donnell, Morrisey
We are trying to fill in blanks on the O'Donnell part of my family tree.
GGrandfather. Patrick O'Donnell, appears to be a surrendered orphan, and a resident of St. Patrick’s Male Orphan Asylum Cortlandt, Westchester County, New York.
Although NOT listed on Asylum database (I hear it is a lame DB, missing info, etc), he was a 14yr old resident of the asylum per the US 1880 Census. On subsequent records, he sticks with dates of emigration as child/infant in 1870 and birth around 1867.
INFO:
1888 He marries into local family, Margaret Morrisey, quickly having 10 children.
Circa 1890, a pair of adult O'Donnell brothers (Lawrence, Thomas) appear and less than year later, Lawrence marries Mary Morrisey (Margaret's sister).
(Thomas never marries.)
Great Great Uncles/Aunt Lawrence and Mary raise 4 children. They take in and raise my Great Aunt Gertrude after my GGrandparents die at relatively young age. (54 and 48)

I cannot find ANY origin/immigration or even death information from Patrick, Lawrence or Thomas O'Donnell.
I suspect they were all brothers (sequential in age), or at least cousins, with one or more of the siblings given up as an orphan to the church charity, with a few kept as money allowed.
To add to confusion, in the 1880s/90s, Peekskill NY had an older, prominent local dairy owner, named Patrick O'Donnell. who was NOT a relation as far was we know.

I am knocking head against wall!!
Please browse through my tree and let me know any information you might think helpful!!
Thanks in advance and Happy, safe and warm New Year to all.
Ken O'Donnell
Kodon1
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kodon1 1515110816000 
kathrynalexan... 1516143372000 
kodon1 1516926241000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic