I am looking for the births of children of John Henry PETTIBONE and wife Sally or Hannah TARPENNY.
I suspect John Henry is the Henry PETTIBONE that moves to Ontario Canada abt 1818. He is on 1819 census Hamilton twp Northumberland co.Ontario.
In Canada he has some children baptised that were born in NY. His wife is found as Hannah in Canada. Hoping the children's births or bapt as infants can be found in Montgomery Co records.
1. Sarah born abt 1804 NY bapt in Canada 1821 age 16
2. James Johnston born 1809 NY bapt Canada 1822 age 13
3. Seely born 16 Feb 1812 NY bapt Canada 1827 age 15
4. Margaret H. born 17 Oct 1817 Ont? bapt Canada 1827 age 10
5. Jacob born 15 Feb 1826 in Ontario bapt Canada 1827
6. Electa Charlotte born Apr 1822 Ont. bapt Canada 1822
Does anybody know where the birth records or baptisms for years 1804 through 1812 for this area would be located?
I think John and wife lived around Johnstown around the 1809 birth of son James Johnston Pettibone because of his middle name.
Tree has John Henry Pettibone married Sally Tarpenny in 1815 in Fort Plain, NY. His father Jacob is buried Manheim Ny.
The daughter Electa marries Edward Richards in Canada but returns to Johnsburg,NY for much of her adult life and died there.
I need to find proof of at least one of the NY born children - Sarah 1804, James 1809 and Seely 1812 in the general area to John Henry PETTIBONE and wife Sally or Hannah to help prove they are the same couple found later in Ontario.
Any help or advice much appreciated. - Mary in BC, Canada.