Search for content in message boards

Will of Elizabeth Akin, Johnstown, Montgomery Co., NY 4-215

Replies: 0

Will of Elizabeth Akin, Johnstown, Montgomery Co., NY 4-215

Posted: 987854400000
Classification: Will
Edited: 994616602000
Surnames: Akin, Van Vost, Haggart, Haning
The Will of Elizabeth Akin was probated on November 25, 1828.
Tobias A. Stoutenburgh, Surrogate
Abraham Akin, Executor

Will of Elizabeth Akin, Johnstown, Montgomery Co., N.Y. 4-215

In the name of God, Amen. I, Elizabeth Akin, of Johnstown in the County of Montgomery being of sound mind, memory, and understanding do this twenty seventh day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty eight publish my Last will and testament as follows: Firstly, I order and direct my Executors hereinafter named to bury my remains in a decent manner and to place at my grave a decent Tomb and Foot Stone. Secondly, I order and direct my Executors hereinafter named to pay all my just debts and claims upon me or my estate. Thirdly, I give and bequeath unto my daughters, Phebe, Rhoda, Sarah, Amy, & Patience each one undivided sixth part of all my household furniture, my beds, bedding, & wearing aapparel to be equally divided share and share alike. And to the children of my deceased daughter, Armida, also one sixth part of the said furniture, beds, bedding and wearing apparel and that sixth to be equally divided among my said grand children and share alike. To have and to hold to them respectively & to their respective executors, administrators or assignees forever. Fourthly, I give and bequeath the rest and residue of my Estate to my children & grand children as follows: to my son, Ira, one eighth; to my son, James, one eighth; to my son, Abraham, one eighth; to the children of my deceased son, David, one eighth; to the sons of my deceased son, Ethan, one eighth; to my daughters, Phebe one sixteenth, Rhoda one sixteenth, Sara one sixteenth, Amy one sixteenth, Patience one sixteenth, and the children of my deceased daughter, Armida, one sixteenth, and that sixteenth to be equally divided amongst them share and share alike. To have and to hold to them & to their respective Executors, administrators, and assignees forever. Fifthly and Lastly, I do hereby nominate, constitute, and appoint my sons, Ira and Abraham, the Executors of this, my Last Will and Testament hereby annulling and revoking all others by me made. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and year first above written.

[Signed} Elizabeth (her X) Akin [Seal]

Signed, sealed, published and declared by Elizabeth (her mark) Akin the testator as and for her last Will and testament in our presence and who in her presence & at her request & in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses hereto. The parts of words Teen four times in 4th Section underlined. The word apparel in the third section underlined. The word Abraham in the fifth section partly blotted.

[Signed] John Van Vost
[Signed] John D. Haggart
[Signed] H. Haning

Find a board about a specific topic