Search for content in message boards

Will of Daniel McKinney, d. 1822, Florida

Replies: 0

Will of Daniel McKinney, d. 1822, Florida

Posted: 950270400000
Classification: Will
Edited: 993916156000
Surnames: McKinney, Connelly, Conger, Nealy, Young

The people of the state of New York by the Grace of God free and independant. To MARY(CONNELLY)MCKINNEY, widow and relict of DANIEL MCKINNEY late of the town of Florida in the county of Mongomery deceased and William ? of the same place send greeting: Whereas as the town of Johnstown in the county of Montgomery before Tobias A. ? Esquire Surrogate of our said county the last will and testament of the said Daniel MCKINNEY deceased a copy whereof is hereunto annexed, was proved and is now approved and allowed of by us and the said deceased having which he lived and at the time of his death goods, chattles or credits within this state by means whereof the proving and registering the said will and the graning administration of all and ? the said goods, chattels and credits an also the ? allowing and find discharging the account thereof doth belong unto us and we being ? that the goods, chattels and credits of the said deceased may be well and faithfully administered applied and disposed of according to the said will do grant unto you the said Mary MCKINNEY and William ? the administration of all and singular the goods, chattels and credits of the said Daniel McKINNEY deceased with the will of the said Daniel MCKINNEY annexed with full power by those present to administer and faithfully dispose of all and singular the siad goods, chattels and credits, to ask, demand, recoup, and receive the debts which unto the said deceased which living and at the time of his death did belong and to pay the debts which the said deceased did owe so far as such goods, chattels and credits will thereto extend and the law require: Hereby enquiring you to make of come to be read a true and perfect inventory of all and singular the goods, chattels and credits of the said deceased, which have or shall come to your hand ? or knowledge and the same so made to exhibit or aome to be exhibited into the office of the Surrogate of the said county of Montgomery at or before the extinction of sic calendar months from the date hereof and who to made a just and true account of administration when thereunto require and we do by there presents depute, constitute and appoint you the said Mary MCKINNEY and William ? administratrix and administrator of all and singular the goods, chattels and credits which were of the said Daniel MCKINNEY with the Will of the said Daniel MCKINNEY annexed. In testimony whereof we have caused the seal of office of our said Surrogate to be hereunto affixed. Witness Tobias A. Stoutenburgh, Esquire Surrogate of the said County at Johnstown the fifth day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty-two and of our independence the forty-seventh.

In the name of God Amen. I Daniel MCKINNEY of the town of Florida county of Montgomery and state of New York yeoman being weak in body but sound in Mind and judgment thanks be to God for the same do make ordain and publish this by last will and testament in manner following that is to say, I give and bequeath to my beloved wife, Mary MCKINNEY five acres of the improved land to be taken off the southwest part of the land on which I now live and ? one half of the garden and I further give to my wife Mary MCKINNEY the west ? the camber over head one half of the cellar ? wood for fuel during her natural life, and I further give and bequeath to my wife the interest of four hundred and five dollars of which I hold in obligation against Abraham ? so long as MCKINNEY CONGER becomes of age and I do further give to MARY my wife tow cows and all the sheep likewise the notes and all the money she has in her possession and which she has ? I also do give to her my wife all the household furniture with the exception of a few articles herein after mentioned forever, I also give and bequeath to my eldest daughter ELISABETH Neley (NEALY, Wife of Matthew Nealy) my chest of drawers and a note I hold against her husband of eight or ten dollars and I also give an dbequeath to my son HUGH MCKINNEY my ? of horses, ? waggon stay and all my wearing apparel also a note I hold against George ? of two hundred forty five dollars and sixty seven cents after payments of my debts and funeral expences if any then be left of said note I also give and bequeath to my daughter PEGGY YOUNG during her natural life all my real estate with the privileges thereunto belonging exceptingh the few acres herebefore mentioned and I do further give and bequeath to my grandson MCKINNEY CONGER the sum of two hundred dollars. I further give and bequeath to MARY ANN CONGER the sum of one hundrend dollars I give to DANIEL YOUNG a son of GEORGE YOUNG, twenty-six dollars and twenty-five cents and to GEORGE WILLIAM YOUNG, son of PETER YOUNG, I give and bequeath the lie sum of twenty-six dollars and twenty-five cents and to PETER HARVEY YOUNG a son of PETER YOUNG the like sum of twenty-six dollars and twenty-five cents and to MARY MARGARET YOUNG a daughter of PETER YOUNG the like sum of twenty-six dollars and twenty-five cents for them to receive as they become of age, the sum of money I have bequeathed I intend shall be paid out of the four hundred and five dollars herein above mentioned and I also do give and bequeath unto my grandson CHARLES MCKINNEY YOUNG a son of PETER YOUNG, all my real estate as soon as my be after the death of my wife and his mother including the five acres herein aovementioned and i do further give the rest of these dollars and thirty-three cents as it becomes due upon after year fro Abraham ? farm and I also give one bed and bedding, one desk, one brass kettle, two iron pots and ? all the farming utensils as sson as may be after my death to him, his heirs executors administrators and assigns to and for them and benefit forever and I do furhter absolutely nominate, ? and appoint my worthy friend Robert ? and William ? my executors of the my last will and testament hereby making all other and former wills by me at any time heretofore made be witness wherof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this wight day of March in the year of our Lord on thousand eight hundred and twent two. DANIEL MCKINNEY, his mark.
Signed sealed published and declared by the said testator as and for his last will and testament in our presence who at his request in his presence an din the presence of each other has subscribed our names as witnesses hereto.

Find a board about a specific topic