Search for content in message boards

Quigley/Meagher/Spaulding families

Replies: 0

Quigley/Meagher/Spaulding families

Posted: 1541450564000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Quigley Meagher
I'm having a hard time connecting the dots!!!

So my 2nd great gandad was Daniel Joseph Meagher (2/23/17-4/7/77). He was born a Quigley but adopted by what I can tell is a family who may have came from Canada to NYS. I believe they had a biological son named Thomas meagher too. I've confirmed Daniel is buried in holy sepulchre in Rochester NY.

I can't find any adoption records yet and I have no clue who the biological parents are but they did come from Ireland.

He had 3 sisters;

Madelyn who was believed to be the oldest of the 4 and she was raised in an orphanage in Rochester NY area.

Mary(Mae) (8/6/12-6/30/00) who was raised by her grandparents (unknown if it was her mom or her dad's parents). She married a Joseph Kondorf and they had 2 kids who are still living(they stay in contact my great aunt a bit). I've confirmed she's buried in holy sepulchre in Rochester NY.

Lastly, Leona Etta who was the youngest and she was adopted by a family in Williamsport PA and married a man, last name of Spaulding. There was a Larry Spaulding (think one of their kids.) He used to be in contact with my great aunts but they lost touch some years back. From what I know they used to live in Canton pa and also possibly Cayuga NY.

My aunt says their mother died shortly after Leona was born due to sickness. I'm thinking there dad died prior to their mom.

I haven't been able to locate any adoption records for any of them or even name change records.

If any of this sounds familiar to anyone please let me know!! My personal e-mail is r-mason1@hotmail.com you can reach me on here or there. Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic