Posted: 979905600000
Classification: Deed
Edited: 1073442919000
Surnames: Hilts
Deed between
George Hilts and John Hilts and George F Hilts
November 4, 1857
Herkimer County, NY Deed Book #72, Pages 157-158

To all to whom these presents shall come greeting Know ye that I George Hilts of the town and county of Herkimer and State of New York for and in consideration of the sum of natural love and affection and one dollar lawful money of the United States of America to him in hand paid by my son John Hilts of the said town and county aforesaid at or before the ensealing and delivery of these presents the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged have remised released and forever quit claim and by these presents do remise release claim unto my son John Hilts and to his heirs and assigns forever all that contain upland lot in Nurnetsfield Patent so called in said town and county aforesaid bounded and ascribed as follows to wit on the south by the Mohawk and Newport Plank road on the west by lot number eight in said patent on the north by lands of Alexander McKennon and on the east by lands now owned by William Smith and by the Herkimer Manufacturing & Hydraulic Company the said lot above described is known and distinguished as lot number seven in said patent and contains seventy acres of land be the same more or less and also that certain other lot of and being lowland lot number seven in said patent bounded and described as follows to wit: On the north by a lot of land now owned by William Smith and on the east by the West Canada Creek on the south by lands of Matthew Smith Jacob weber and David Moore and on the west by lands of said Hydraulic Company & lot number eleven of lowland in said Patent excepting and reserving out of the lot last above described nine acres of land to be laid out on the south side of said lot and on the east side of the Hydraulic Canal so called. the said nine acres so reserved have this day been conveyed to George F Hilts the above described premises are the same which constitute the homestead farm of the said George Hilts and upon which he now resides and the same is hereby conveyed subject to a suitable comfortable and sufficient support of him the said George Hilts during his natural life upon the said farm the same as he is now supported. To have and to hold the said released premises unto the said John Hilts his heirs and assigns to his own properties and behold forever subject to the conditions above mentioned as to the support and maintainance of said George Hilts. In Testimony whereof the said George Hilts has hereunto set his hand and seal this fourth day of November in the year of our Lord One Thousand eight hundred and fifty seven. George Hilts

Sealed and delivered in the presence of Chas Gray J Earle John Hartman William G Hilts George I Hilts.

State of New York herkimer County SS. On this fourth day of November A.D. 1857 before me personally appeared George Hilts to me known to be the same person described in and who executed the within conveyances and acknowledged that he had executed the same for the uses and purposees therein mentioned. John Hartman, Justice.
Recorded November 4th 1857 4½ to PM

Find a board about a specific topic