Search for content in message boards

Corey - maybe we're related?

Replies: 0

Corey - maybe we're related?

Posted: 11 May 2010 8:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corey, Cory, Bates, Travis, McDowell, Van Heusen, Hillabrandt, Cowles, Houseman, Sanborn, Mosher, Howorth, Bissell, Manning, Grinnell, Brownell, Helpin
COREY - maybe we’re related My dad grew up in Gloversville NY so our hunt for family always brings us back to Fulton County. My great great great grandfather was John W. Corey(1793-abt 1860) he married Mary “Polly” (Travis) abt 1818. John was born in RI making a life for himself and his family in Northampton. Their son Abram T. Corey (1824-1897) and his wife Susan C. (Bates) are my great great grandparents they owned land in Hamilton & Saratoga Counties. From them we’re related through their son George E. Corey(1853-1931) and his second wife Sarah Jane (McDowell). I’m sure there are relatives out there related to the many sons and daughters of these unions. Related family names include Bates, Travis, Williams, McDowell, Van Heusen, Hillabrandt, Cowles, Houseman, Sanborn, Mosher, Howorth, Bissell, Manning, Grinnell, Brownell, Helpin just to name a few. If you think we could have a common ancestor we’d love to discuss it with you. Please email directly to coreygenealogy@yahoo.com or rcorey1998@yahoo.com Thanks.

Find a board about a specific topic