Search for content in message boards

Bith/death/marriage information buffalo area

Replies: 1

Re: Bith/death/marriage information buffalo area

Posted: 1540344870000
Classification: Query
I've found www.fultonhistory.com very helpful in finding this type of information in the Buffalo area. It's a free website, with OCR searchable text of newspaper uploaded images. Remember to try every variation of the name you're trying to find. For example my relative Edward William Steckelberg, could show up under the full name, or Edward W. Steckelberg, or Edward Steckelberg, or Ed Steckelberg, or Ted Steckelberg, or E. W. Steckelberg. Optical character recognition is great for searching but it only searches for the exact character string you give it. Also, put " " around your searches. You might already know all this but I figured I would send it just in case. It also helps to have more information than just the names, unless you have a really rare and unusual given name or surname, there will be too many hits. Any information you already have on addresses, approximate birth, marriage, or death, dates, the church they went to, occupations, and that sort of thing, will help you be sure you've found articles about the right people.
I have a newspapers.com plus subscription, a pay site, so I could look up some articles for you, if you invite me to your tree, if you have one on ancestry, or have some more information on the family then what you listed in your query. The fultonhistory site actually has the best selection of Buffalo newspapers, although the sites do carry some different papers, so you might find different things on each site.
Good luck on your search!
Dawn Lee Bleyle
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ziemcm14 1540015516000 
Dawn Bleyle 1540344870000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic