Search for content in message boards

Town of Rockland in Delaware County?

Replies: 8

Re: Town of Rockland in Delaware County?

Posted: 5 Dec 2010 2:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
I also have ancestors from Sullivan County (Town of Rockland) and adjoining Delaware County. The Gregory family appears often in records and goes quite far back in Delaware County (try the Towns of Andes & Walton). Genealogical records for Delaware County are more numerous than for Sullivan. The Delaware County genealogical site is an invaluable resource. Try googling individual names with town of residence. I have often found links to cemetery listings using this method. It is a beautiful area in the Catskill Mountains most noted around the world for fly-fishing. The Fly-Fishing Museum between the villages of Roscoe and Livingston Manor is a must even if you don't fly fish. The history of fly tying has roots the area. Early occupations in the area were in the logging (making use of the rivers to transport logs), tanning, and farming industry. I am originally from Delaware County. Hopefully you will get a chance to visit the area. The mountain colors are beautiful in the fall. The area has been hit hard by floods in recent years but they (we) are resilient people. Many people from Long Island have relocated or have 2nd homes in the area. Roscoe has one of my all-time favorite coffee houses. The Woodstock area (actually Bethel) with museums and musical events is also nearby.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
patbrown62 22 Jul 2009 10:09AM GMT 
patbrown62 27 Jul 2009 10:29AM GMT 
patbrown62 28 Jul 2009 10:49AM GMT 
perridee 19 Apr 2010 12:34AM GMT 
patbrown62 19 Apr 2010 9:38AM GMT 
perridee 19 Apr 2010 4:06PM GMT 
trkr1224war1 23 Apr 2010 10:33PM GMT 
rornewyork 5 Dec 2010 9:17AM GMT 
patbrown62 5 Dec 2010 11:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic