Search for content in message boards

Needing Exact Date of Death of Bronx Resident

Replies: 2

Re: Needing Exact Date of Death of Bronx Resident

Posted: 1535193045000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1535194584000
My apologies for irritating you so much. In my defense & in my experience, it helps to post the same thing in two boards in order to get more feedback. I've seen the error of my ways. I didnt realize I left anything out. I merely supplied the bare essentials of what I knew as it pertained to that board. I didnt think it mattered that her married name was Calabrese because I was looking for her by how she was known at the time of death, Lucy Calabrese.

Now, I already checked St Raymond's Cemetery & for whatever reason, she is not buried there. So I'm assuming she was cremated. Unless, & this is unlikely at the point of her life, she remarried. But she is referred to simply as Lucy Calabrese in the social security death index, which would seem to eliminate the possibility of a remarriage. I also contacted the library in the Bronx about an obituary, but no word yet. I checked the 1920 census for NY & did find a Barth Gondiossa & did see a Lucy with that family but she's 24 & goes by "Gondiossa", not Calabrese. But the parents names match up with the marriage record info you supplied. So I'm left wondering where my Lucy is at the time, or is that her? I do see Anthony & Lucy together in 1920, so it cant be her with Barth & Mennie in 1920, unless she was visiting her family & shows up twice in the census. What do you make of that?

Thank you for all this great information!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ArmentGen 1535103673000 
BobNY 1535154568000 
ArmentGen 1535193045000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic