Search for content in message boards

Sarah Hand born in 1800 in Cape May, New Jersey

Replies: 1

Sarah Hand born in 1800 in Cape May, New Jersey

Posted: 1530511265000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hand, Jones
Hello. I am researching this branch of my tree. I am looking for a Sarah Hand who was born in 1800 in Cape May New Jersey. She married John Jones on October 11, 1819 in Cape May, New Jersey. There are two records on ancestry documenting their marriage in Cape May. I am hoping to verify Sarah Hand's parents. There are about 10 trees on ancestry that list her parents as being Jesse Hand and Charlotte Stites, but without anything to corroborate that supposition. It is a viable guess given that they did name their son Jesse Hand Jones, but there isn't a record of Sarah as their child nor even a marriage record for Jesse and Charlotte (Stites) Hand. The couple relocated from Cape May NJ to Floyd County, IN. I have seen that several members of the Hand and Stites families relocated to Indiana too and have read through their family lines in search of clues, but haven't found anything definitive. I have requested help from the Cape May genealogical library and the First Baptist Church in Cape May, NJ as well. If anyone has any ideas about Sarah's parents or thoughts to substantiate Jesse and Charlotte as being her parents, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LizAnn22 1530511265000 
judyartley261... 1532891897000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic