Search for content in message boards

Surnames: Longaker, Sloan, Phillips, Kent, Wiegand, Stiles, VanDerhoef, Vorhees, Brown, Freeman, Scott, Norris

Replies: 1

Re: Surnames: Longaker, Sloan, Phillips, Kent, Wiegand, Stiles, VanDerhoef, Vorhees, Brown, Freeman, Scott, Norris

Posted: 1526046465000
Classification: Query
Hello Davis Milton Longaker was my great grandfather, and I pretty sure that Robert Phillip Longaker was my great-uncle. I found this book on the Longaker genealogy named: "History of the Longacre-Longaker-Longenecker family" and I found out a lot of cool information on the Longaker family history. The book was written after the Family reunion hosted by a man named Davis Longaker. Apparently all three different Longaker families are Descendants from a man named Ulrich Langenegger born in 1664, Langnau (a town near Bern), Switzerland, Ulrich and his family came to Colony of Pennsylvania in 1733 on the ship Hope Galley. I had a few questions myself regarding Davis Longaker, I heard the Davis Milton Longaker was the Fourth Davis Longaker in his family, and I was told that the man who hosted the family reunion was our ancestor, but I found some documents saying their was another Davis born in 1842, I'm a little confused, I did the genealogy on both Davis Longaker's, and found out that they were cousins. There was only one Davis Longaker listed at the family reunion, so I'm wondering if I got a name wrong, or maybe their was fraud and I'm looking at the same two people?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cemetery_Hopp... 1156523535000 
Kyle Longaker 1526046465000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic