Search for content in message boards

Andrew J. Hartford of Deerfield, Allentown, and Pembroke New Hampshire

Replies: 0

Andrew J. Hartford of Deerfield, Allentown, and Pembroke New Hampshire

Posted: 1496863140000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hartford, Davis, Frasier, Miller, Senter
Andrew was born about 1819. I have no information as to whom his father is; however, a NH death record transcription (on ancestry) states his father is "Davis." I wonder if "Davis" applies to the maiden name of his mother?

In 1850 Andrew is living with Jonathan Philbrick and Bethia Hartford in Pembroke. That same year on March 25th he married Mary Fraiser Miller (listed as Mrs Mary Miller on the marriage record transcription on ancestry). Mary has one son from her first marriage named Thomas Miller.

I suspect an obvious connection to Bethia Hartford. Maybe a sister? But, I am not sure who Bethia's parents are. There is another Hartford in Pembroke in 1850, John D. Hartford who is married to Joanna T. Brown. This John is descended from John Hartford and Betsy Babb.

By 1870 Andrew, Mary, and Elizabeth Jane are living in Allentown. Ten years later in 1880, Andrew and Mary are living in Deerfield with Mary's grandson Daniel Miller.

According to the NH death records index on Ancestry, Andrew passes away a widower on October 5th, 1889.

From what I can tell Andrew and Mary Frasier Miller had at least 3 children:
1. John Hartford - b. 1852 d. unknown. John is listed on the 1860 census when the family is living in Allentown but, I can find no other record online for him.

2. Mary Hartford - b. 1853/4 d. 1858/9. There are conflicting records indicating her death in the New Hampshire records index on Ancestry. One notes that she died from being "burned."

3. Elizabeth Jane Hartford - b. 1858 d. 02 APR 1912. Elizabeth Jane married Benjamin Franklin Senter. She is married and living in Haverhill Massachusetts by the 1880 census.

I am descended directly through Elizabeth Jane and Benjamin Franklin Senter.

Any connections or information on this family would be most appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic