Search for content in message boards

JACKMAN/REMSTEDT VERDI

Replies: 2

Re: JACKMAN/REMSTEDT VERDI

Posted: 1506488932000
Classification: Query
I don't know if you still need this information after 11 years but I found Charles Remstedt in my linage who was married to Jemima. In the Reno Gazette-Journal (Reno Nevada) Thu, Jun 1, 1916 is the announcement of Jemima's death. It lists as survivers- a brother William F. Jackman and two daughters, Mrs. May Thompson and Mrs. Lillian Dillon. May's husband's name was Harry. In the United States Census, 1920, in Reno, Washoe, Nevada, with Harry Thompson as head, May Thompson is the wife, listed as stepson is Nevin Wilson,19, stepdaughter- Ruth Wilson age 17, Stepdaughter- Irene Wilson age 13 and Clara Wilson, stepdaughter, age 9. You probably know that Lillie's father was A.B. Bickford. In the Nevada State Journal(Reno, Nev.) 7 March 1891, Simons by district court of State of Nev. to Jemima Bickford. Action against her by defendant A.B. Bickford to dissolve bonds of matrimony and also for the care of their girl child, Lillie M. Bickford. In another paper, I found in May 1891, the divorce was granted but Lillie is with her mother and Charles Remstedt in the 1900 United States Federal Census. Their home was at Leesville, Colusa, Calif. These are some names and dates that may help you in your search. I just uncovered this information in the last couple of weeks. I hope that they help. By the way, Charles Remstedt was my Grandfather's older brother. My grandfather is Robert Emmet Remstedt. Best wishes to you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
J 1141850031000 
Doreen 1142871776000 
VernaRemstedt... 1506488932000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic