Replies: 12

EMIL SCHEER

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 5 Sep 2001 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: SCHEER, BUCKENDAHL
PIERCE COUNTY LEADER; Pierce, Nebraska; Thursday, December 29, 1949

FUNERAL RITES FOR EMIL SCHEER

Funeral services for Emil Scheer, who passed away last Wednesday morning at his home, were conducted Saturday afternoon at 1:30 at the family home and at 2:00 at Zion Lutheran church.

Rev. C. M. Steging officiated at the rites and based his comforting words to the family on the prayer of Simeon, "Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, for mine eyes have seen thy salvation which thou hast prepared before the face of all people".

The girl's choir sang, "Just as I am, without one plea", and "Abide With Me". Beautiful floral tributes were banked about the casket and many relatives and friends gave Memorial wreaths in his memory.

Burial took place in Zion Lutheran cemetery with the following serving as pallbearers: Robert Otto, Richard Buckendahl, George Buckendahl, George Schulz, Paul Breyer and Paul Kumm of Osmond.

Emil Richard Paul Scheer was born at Pierce, Nebr., on March 28, 1873 and spent his entire life in the community. He was baptized in early infancy and confirmed at St. John's Lutheran church east of Pierce. On July 27, 1902 he was united in marriage to Wilhelmine Korth and this union was blessed with one daughter, Irene. They lived on a farm east of Pierce for many years before retiring to a comfortable home in Pierce. He had been in failing health for some time and on Saturday became quite ill and lapsed into a coma from which he never recovered. He passed away early Wednesday morning, December 21, at the age of 76 years, 8 months and 23 days. He leaves to mourn his passing, his widow and one daughter, Mrs. Louie Buckendahl, other relatives and a host of friends.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vickie_dejong 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
vickie_dejong 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
vickie_dejong 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic