Helen (DeJung) Marburger was my aunt. My father, LeeRoy DeJung, was her youngest brother. I don't have any specific information on the fire, but my father used to talk about it, so I do have stories that he told me. I also have a couple photos of your grandmother with my father.
He told me that there was a gas leak and the house just exploded. The older children escaped injury on the first floor, but Helen and the baby she was shielding with her body were burned. The baby lived with severe burns, but Helen died. My dad said that she was in a lot of pain and suffered greatly. I believe he said that she lived three days or so. I know my father loved his sister very much, and that she was the only daughter in a family of boys. After he was discharged from the Navy in the 1950s, he stored many of his belongings at Helen's. So, in addition to losing his sister in the fire, he also lost all of his photos, uniforms, etc.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at: email@example.com
Lori (DeJung) Hall