Search for content in message boards

Louisville Bridge

Replies: 1

Louisville Bridge

Posted: 1432391873000
Classification: Query
I was wondering if there were any old pictures of the Louisville Bridge. My great grandfather, John Fuller, had an accident on that bridge back in 1896.
"Last Sunday as John Fuller was returning from the southern part of the state with a load of peaches, and when on the Louisville bridge at a"turnout" waiting for a buggy to pass his team became frightened and started to run. One of the horses got over the tongue and the team became unmanageable and dashed into the bug and smashed it to splinters. The buggy belonged to Elmer Rice, and he and a companion managed to jump out of the rig and thus escaped injury. A woman and child barely missed being run over. The runaway team was stopped before it got to the end of the bridge. It is a wonder that no one was killed by the collision or that the teams did not go over the bridge into the river."

I found that article in the Springfield Monitor, 10 Sep 1896. I wonder if there was a Louisville paper at that time too that might have another version of this?

I thought it would be fun to have a picture of the old bridge to go with the family stories that I am finding. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Debra.Waggoner@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debrawaggoner... 1432391873000 
judyartley261... 1435951423000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic