Search for content in message boards

Boyd County Surnames

Replies: 10

Re: Boyd County Surnames

Posted: 1444341586000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peterson
I am looking for information about a family called Peterson in Bush Township, in Boyd County. The parents were Hans Peter or Harry Peterson, and Alice C. Peterson. He was from Denmark, immigrated in 1880, she was from Norway, immigrated in 1881. They had five surviving children- Alex, Mabel, Tina, Vera, and Ona. They had at least three children who died young, and are probably buried somewhere in the area. According to the census, they lived and farmed in Bush Township in 1900 and 1910, but after that I cannot find any information about them, either in Nebraska or South Dakota.

Their son Alex later married Mary Agnes Lynch, and moved to Winner, SD where he first tried to homestead, and then became a bridge and scaffolding engineer for Tripp County. He may also have contributed to the scaffolding for the Mount Rushmore project.

I would really really appreciate any information that anyone has about the Petersons, or any ideas on where else to look. I checked NEGenweb and SDGenweb with no luck.

Thank you,
Shannon M. McCabe
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
smccabe29 1444341586000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic