Search for content in message boards

Moreau family that settled in Helmville, Montana

Replies: 1

Moreau family that settled in Helmville, Montana

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 7:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moreau

I am looking for information on the Moreau family that settled in a homestead in Helmville, Montana sometime around 1870-1880 & short time later they built a home in Helena, Mt. They lived at 704 State Street in Helena.

Constant Emile (C.E.) Augustus Moreau was my 2nd great grandfather.
He was Born in Apr 1859 in Namur, Belgium. His Death is recorded as 24 Sept 1925 in Helmville, Powell, Montana; He was one of the territories first families’.

Constant Emile (C.E.) Augustus Moreau married
Margaret Ann McLaughlin
Birth 18 Jul 1866 in New York, New York, New York, USA
Death 27 Dec 1955 in Helmville, Powell, Montana, USA

and their marriage produced 6 childern:
Louise Marie Moreau
Birth 9 Mar 1892 in Helmville, Powell, Montana
Death 6 Mar 1977 in Helmville, Powell, Montana

Marguerite (Margaret) A. Moreau
Birth 27 Jan. 1894 in Helena, Lewis and Clark, Montana, USA
Death 4 June, 1978 in Olympia, Thurston, Washington

Hubert Edward Moreau (he was my Great-Grandfather)
Birth 17 May 1897 in Montana
Death 22 Jul 1972 in Whittier, Los Angeles, California,

Grace Josephine Moreau
Birth 29 Jun 1899 in Helena, Lewis and Clark, Montana
Death 25 Aug 1988 in Bellevue, King, Washington

Constance Field Moreau
Birth abt 1904 in Helena, Montana

Charles H. Moreau
Birth 19 Jul 1907 in Helena, Lewis and Clark, Montana
Death 01 Aug 1997 in Bellevue, King, Washington

Now I have yet to find ANY records for Constant Emile (C.E.) Augustus Moreau’s parents: Herbert (Hubert) Edward Moreau & Louise before they came to the United States. They are where this family line starts in the USA, and it is also where my research ends with My 3rd Great Grandfather, Herbert (Hubert) Edward Moreau’s family. He and his wife Louise came from Belgium to the United States sometime during 1859-1870, because the family shows up in the 1870 US census as living in Foxborough. I know that Constant Emile (C.E.) Augustus Moreau was the only family member to migrate west.

I am also trying to locate any information on my Great Grandfather Hubert Edward Moreau. I know that he was divorced from my Grandfather Gerald Alan Moreau's mother, Leona Bertha Markham and that he remarried. I am curious if he had any other children and if any other descendants exist, as I have been unable to locate anyone.

I am also seeking info on any of the Moreau's that are living that are related to this family. If anyone has any further information please contact me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
annettemoreau... 15 Sep 2011 1:09PM GMT 
judyartley53 31 Oct 2011 3:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic