Search for content in message boards

Martha and Kitty Ann WAINSCOTT FICKAS

Replies: 0

Martha and Kitty Ann WAINSCOTT FICKAS

Posted: 1472566692000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wainscott Fickas
Hello - I'm trying to determine the parentage of Martha Wainscott and Katharine (Kitty Ann) Wainscott, the two wives of George Fickas (1820-1850), eldest son of Adam Fickas & Susan McDonald.

According to Johnson Co marriage records, George married Martha Wainscott, 29 Jun 1843; she apparently died ~ 1845 after giving birth to William C and John J.

He then married Katharine Wainscott, age 23, 25 Oct 1846. They had Malissa and Adam R. He and "Kitty Ann" and his four children appear in the 1850 Warrensburg census (attached).

According to letters (c.f. Viva Eleanor Freeman, 1977) he then traveled to California during the Gold Rush and died 1850.

I don't have any info on their parentage (and don't have access to the Freeman book). My guess would be that they are sisters??

Is it possible that they are the daughters of Richard Wainscott II and Sophia Mason of Owen Kentucky? That would make Kitty Ann the Catherine who later married William Rufus Jackson in Kentucky in 1855 and then moved to Texas?

That seems unlikely, although the age of that Catherine Wainscott matches.

Similarly it seems unlikely that this Kitty Ann Wainscott is the Kitty Ann daughter of daughter of Richard Wainscott and Nancy Marsh Roberts, who I believe was born 1821.

Johnson County marriages:
http://concordia-memories.org/files/JohnsonCoMarriages1835-1...

Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic