Search for content in message boards

David Johnson

Replies: 0

David Johnson

Posted: 1431512725000
Classification: Query
I am trying to acquire information on a David Johnson, son of David and Mary Johnson, was born in 1837, who died in Pyrmont, New South Wales, without a headstone; certificate number 11774/1923. His obituary said he was “late of Pyrmont and on July 21 left from Burwood Parlors at 2:15 pm for the Church of England Cemetery in Rookwood.”

While living in New York City in the United States, he enlisted at 24 years of age on August 2, 1861 as a Private into Company “C”, New York 9th Infantry and participated in the American Civil War.David Johnson also served in the U.S. Navy as an Ordinary Seaman, aboard the USS North Carolina, the USS Pennsylvania, and the USS Alleghany.On May 9, 1910 David Johnson filed as an invalid for a military pension, Application number 1390362, Certificate number 1162,008; and again on July 26, 1915. (see attached)

Can you tell me what race he was?

Any information you can provide will be most helpful, and appreciated. In addition, if I can find one of his descendants I can acquire a free bronze memorial plaque for his grave.

Sincerely,

James Gray, Cmdr.

Sons of Confederate Veterans, Inc

Camp 2160, Australia

www.scvau.com

www.acwv.info

Find a board about a specific topic