Search for content in message boards

Stouts of Rosehill Twp. and Holden

Replies: 2

Stouts of Rosehill Twp. and Holden

Robert. L. (View posts)
Posted: 1079085094000
Classification: Query
Surnames: STOUT HALE DUCK Bryson Reynolds
Looking for any Stouts who might be related. My great grandmother was Martha (Minnie) Stout (1872-1952), parents were (possibly) Joseph and Mary, husband Benjamin Al Duck. Abraham H. Stout and Emily may have been the parents of Joseph. This is an assumption based on census entries which aren't completely consistent about ages and birthplaces. I have no oral or written family history past Minnie Stout and Benjamin Al Duck.

Since Johnson Co. land records show Abraham H. Stout living next to a Jacob Stout at about the same time (middle 1800's), and the census shows that they are nearly the same age, I assume them to be brothers (or cousins).

This Jacob Stout is the son of William Stout and Louisiana (Lucy Ann or Lucinda) Hale of NC and KY. Internet and census records do not show a son named Abraham; however, he would have been old enough to be out on his own by the year of the most quoted 1850 KY census records. Since he bought land next to Jacob in MO and since his middle initial, H, matches Jacob's mother's maiden name of Hale, I have assumed that it is not impossible that he is the son of William and Louisiana though I have no other proof.

Since Abraham's age is reported inconsistently in the census records as being born in 1822 or 1824, it is unclear if his birth precedes or comes after the 1824 marriage date of William and Louisiana, meaning that he could be their first child or a child from a previous marriage or maybe only a nephew or cousin. In any event there seems to be a family connection, which matches my family's belief that we have living cousins named Stout in Johnson Co.

I know that there are living decendants of Jacob Stout (1834-1873) who is buried at Stout Cemetery, Johnson Co. but I have no clear information about how the branches are connected to mine, or where Abraham and his decendents ended up. The census data is sometimes inconsistent and hard to read, so I'm not clear about any of this.

The Stout Cemetery and census records show that the names Bryson and Reynolds were the married names of some of Jacob Stout's sisters.

If anyone knows about these Stout's or related families, I would appreciate hearing from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert. L. 1079085094000 
VirginiaWinn_... 1088781843000 
WAraminta 1441309560000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic