On my quest over the past few years to find my ancestor's of Yazoo and Holmes MS. I finally discovered Floyd Jackson Stricklin on the 1880 census of Yazoo MS in Free Run.
Either a g was added by the census taker or dropped by the family after 1880. Does anyone know the story of this?
Here is what I found on Floyd Jackson Stricklin, I want to post it for others that may need the information as well.
1) J.F. Strickling 49, born in GA, white male, Merchant and farmer.
2) Mary F. Strickling 47, born in GA, housekeeper, white female
3) Albert Strickling 14, born in MS, works in field, white male
4) M. S. Strickling 12, born in MS, goes to school, White female
5) D. J. Strickling 10, born in MS, white female
6) A. I. Strickling 7, born in MS, white female
7) Shepperd J. Strickling 1, born MS white male
Mary F. Stricklin listed above was born Mary F. Sheppard.
Sheppard J. "Jack" Stricklin married Annie Susan Everett 03 Jan 1900 Yazoo.
Mary F. Sheppard Stricklin is buried in First Primative Baptist Cemetery D. 19 NOV 1880 Yazoo.
If anyone recognizes this family and can tell me the given names of the daughters whose names were in initials, it will be greatly appreciated.