Search for content in message boards

Photos of Yazoo County relations

Replies: 8

Photos of Yazoo County relations

Posted: 975326400000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1035469232000
Surnames: PERRY, RUSSELL, COWAN, CANNON, MIDDLETON, CARSON, McMURTRAY, CHILDRESS, STRIBLING, MOBLEY, VENABLE, FIVBIS, KAGAN, TOOMA, GALE, ARTHURS, EPPLER
Hello all Yazoo County researchers!

I have been working on Yazoo/Hinds/Jasper County relatives for a few years. I recently had the opportunity to scan some old PERRY family photos. Included were some names unfamiliar to me and some locations (New Orleans, Kentucky, etc) for which I did not know of any connections. These photos are from the album of Annie Lee PERRY MIDDLETON who was a daughter of Benjamin Franklin PERRY Sr. who was born in Pickens County, AL 1827 to Nathaniel H and Charlotte CANNON PERRY. Benjamin had children in Yazoo County, MS, (Mary Gale, Nora T, William W, Harriet Elizabeth, Charlotte Amelia, Inez and Seleh Eppler (twins), Sallie R, Benjamin Franklin Jr, V Milton) they married into the CARSON, COWAN, MIDDLETON, McMURTRAY, and CHILDRESS families. Included in the album were Benjamin's nephew, Wallace PERRY and neice, Lottie PERRY. Were these children of his younger brother Balus who I last saw on the 1850 Pickens County, AL, census? These photos were taken in Yazoo City and Baldwyn, MS, respectively. Other photos were of Josie MOBLEY and Sallie MOBLEY. Were they related to J O MOBLEY who was Benjamin's bondsman on his 1890s marriage to second wife, Sarah Jane "Sallie" ARTHURS (Benjamin's first wife and mother of his children was Mary Ann RUSSELL)? J O MOBLEY was married second to Sarah Wenn CANNON STRIBLING. Also in the album were "Mamie STRIBLING daughter of Selah ???? STRIBLING and "Selah EPPLER" (taken New Orleans), "G W. VENABLE" (taken New Orleans), "M B KAGAN" (taken New Orleans) and various other unidentified persons. An entire album of unidentified relatives was from the estate of Joe CARSON and many of the photos were duplicates of those in the album of Annie Lee PERRY MIDDLETON. Some of the locations of these photos included Louisville, KY, Texas, New Orleans, Yazoo City, etc. These photos appear to be from the 1840-1920s - mostly 1860 and 1870 judging by the clothing. So, if you have any Yazoo County relatives that you can identify - please go to http://www.picturetrail.com/pyeatt and look in the "Benjamin Franklin Perry" album and the "Unidentified Perry Relations" album. I am currently putting as much info as I have on these photos and still have a few more to upload. Thanks! Marianne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
M_Pyeatt 975326400000 
JSmirniotis 976449600000 
MarySmithey51 976881600000 
amunale1 1028245666000 
Jbright2b 1363815685000 
pjarroues 1489678765000 
aunale 1489939673000 
aunale 1489940144000 
satartia 1457007533000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic