Search for content in message boards

Clarence J. Stewart (1902-1928)

Replies: 1

Re: Clarence J. Stewart (1902-1928)

Posted: 1432254075000
Classification: Query
Hello, I have Clarence J. Stewart as the son of Will Stewart and his first wife, Ida Ruth Griffin. I can't really tell you anything about Will Stewart other than his second wife was Ninnie King and they are buried at Union Baptist Church Cemetery here in Walthall County, where Clarence is buried.

Ida Ruth Griffin was the daughter of James Morgan Griffin and wife, Nancy Elizabeth Sims, who were married in 1869 in Butler County, Alabama, where she was born in 1874. Ida first married Ulysses S. May and had one daughter. She had at least six children by Will Stewart. Ida died in 1910 and is buried near her first husband in the Joe May Cemetery, which is about a mile south of Union BC on Hwy 27.

James Morgan Griffin was the son of Joel Lemuel Griffin and his wife, Nancy Elizabeth English (my ggg-grandparents), and Nancy Elizabeth Sims was the daughter of Elihu Sims, Sr., and his wife, Mary Ann Seale.
In the mid 1870's, after the deaths of Joel Griffin and Elihu Sims, James Morgan and Nancy Elizabeth Sims Griffin came to Mississippi, along with both of their mothers and several of each of their siblings, with the Sims family settling in Pike (present-day Walthall) County, while the Griffins went to Wesson, Mississippi, where the found employment in the cotton mills that were located there.

I will be glad to share whatever information I have on these families.

Thank you,

Terry Stinson
rollingstop1982@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pinkorb 1430079295000 
Terry Stinson 1432254075000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic