Search for content in message boards

Killing of Walter Nichols 10 June 1916

Replies: 11

Re: Killing of Walter Nichols 10 June 1916

Posted: 1512083976000
Classification: Query
Yes...I'm still here...plugging away...For the past couple of months I've been working on yet another mystery in my family line....involving the Kennedy Family which is down my daddy's mother Thessie Oree Purvis Williamson line. Her daddy & mother are John Bedford Purvis & Margaret 'Dolly' Kennedy Purvis.....I know Dolly's mamma is Caroline Kennedy from a 1900 Census where she is living with John & Dolly, but I could never find her maiden name or who she was married to until lately, which open up the Kennedy family to me & there are tons of them. I'm now 99.9% sure Caroline's maiden name is Layton, which got even more interesting when I found her sister Elizabeth Billie Layton married to Jeptha Finley they are my 2nd great grandparents also, since they are Ruth Elizabeth Finely's parents & we know Ruth is the mother of my great Uncle Ode Williamson.
Now Caroline's husband & Dolly's daddy is the biggest question, but I'm pretty sure he is William Marion Kennedy(1838) & not the one from Texas which is well document, but the son of Alexander Kennedy & Margaret Elizabeth Holbrook from MS. That's all I know about him...other Family Tree's say he was killed in the battle at Vicksburg, but I've found no records on that anywhere, even in Fold3.

William Kennedy may remain a mystery like who's Cola's baby....But I'm persistent & patient so just maybe those doors will open up to me.

One other thing I now have confirmation that Cola's 2nd husband was not Norris Grady Hickman (1892 - 1988) like so many other Family Trees show, but he is Charles Frank Cutchins (1900 - ??) & they had one son Charles Frank Cutchins, JR who is buried at Piney Grove Cemetery in Florida...Where I believe she was buried in 1929 from her Death Certificate, but the caretaker at Piney Grove cannot find a Headstone for her & the Cemetery Name is not readable on her Death Certificate.

Charles Grady Hickman did marry a Colla Williamson (1899 - 1975) but her parents are Lee James Williamson (1864 - 1954) & Sarah Rogers (1868 - 1922), but this Williamson in not down my Family Line.....I did put them on my Family Tree so I wouldn't have to keep looking them up...so there just sitting out there by themselves, but close enough for me to reach.

I was going to send this to you in an Email, but I thought other's might be interested in the research.....January will start my 5th year of Family Research, I can't believe I went from a list of 20 names to over 11,000 now is such a short time.....Very Nice hearing from you....Sandy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tenia Nichols 1511889801000 
smwilla 1512083976000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic