Search for content in message boards

Big Eddy Plantation Owned by William Ratliff

Replies: 1

Big Eddy Plantation Owned by William Ratliff

Posted: 1167847223000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ratliff, Mc Daniel
I am looking for information on my great grandparents William & Hannah Ellen Ratliff. My great grandmother was called Ellen and her maiden name was Mc Daniel. They owned plantations called "Big Eddy" and "Little Eddy", among other parcels of land in Anguilla, MS. They are buried in the Golden Link Cemetery close to my grandmother Willie Ratliff Cole. I made a trip to Anguilla Nov. 1-4, 2006 and located the home site of the "Big Eddy". Also got copies of their marriage cert. (1886) from the Rolling Fork Courthouse among other deeds and plat info. I have William's death cert., but MS does not have certs for Ellen or Willie. Looking for Ellen's parents. I believe they were Evander and Rebecca Mc Daniel, but little info on them. Evander was born in SC, and Rebecca in AL. I found them on one census in MS. Ellen was born in MS (from census records) in approx. 1859. No death record other than a new tombstone that states she died in 1927. This new tombstone erected in ? by ? for both Wm. & Ellen, when before only Wm. had a tombstone. When I visited the cemetery in 1988 the old tombstone was still there albeit broken and hard to read. William was born in 1847 in Wayne County WV. (From tombstone and census records)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hellomarylou0... 1167847223000 
msank2 1378322463000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic