Search for content in message boards

Bridgeman

Replies: 1

Bridgeman

Posted: 1183863957000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bridgeman, Bridgman, Bridgmon
I'm looking for any information on James Bridgeman. He was also known as G. D. Bridgeman or Jim Bridgeman. The last name may have been spelled Bridgmon or Bridgman. He was born in June of 1874 in either Mississippi or Alabama. He was married to Martha "Lizzie" Waldo Jaco Bridgeman, in 1899. He had one son with her, Albert Bridgeman. But then, he married Lizzie's niece. Lizzie had a sister named Arabella Waldo Trammell. Arabella had a daugther named Ella Trammell. Ella married James Bridgeman, sometime before 1903, I believe. At least, he was living with her on the 1910 census, in Pontotoc County. One of their children was Ollie Bridgeman. Ollie was born in 1903. Her full name was Ollie Oner Easter Ann Bridgeman Walton Ray. She was married twice. Ollie was my great grandmother. Jim Bridgeman was my great great grandfather.

I think Jim must have died somewhere between 1913 and 1916. He had a son with Ella, named Hubert Bridgmon, who was born in 1913. But, then Ella had a son with a man named Dover, in 1916. I don't know the first name of her second husband. But, the son born in 1916 was Robert Dover.

The elders in my family say Jim died, and that Ella didn't divorce him, but I'm not so sure. I know that Ella, and many of her children, moved to Poinsett County, in Arkansas.

Any information on what happened to Jim Bridgeman, who his parents were, that sort of thing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Valerie Brown
valeriebrown333@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
keval333 1183863957000 
mvardaman 1488625840000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic