Search for content in message boards

Holly Springs Baptist Church near Morgantown, Marion County, Mississippi

Replies: 1

Holly Springs Baptist Church near Morgantown, Marion County, Mississippi

Posted: 1223390086000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Prescott, Beard, McLeod, Dunaway, Cooper, Hammond, Thornhill, Newman, Mulford, Carr, Branton, Boyd, Buchanan
From Greg Price:
I have begun working on a history of Holly Springs Baptist Church at the request of my parents and some of the other elderly members of the church. Unfortunately these folks don’t know a whole lot of the early history, but we’re going to give it a try and see what we can come up with. The church was established in 1872 and I have access to a church minute book for the period of about 1882 – 1896. The records are apparently missing for the earliest years and for the next 40 years or so after 1896, leaving a large gap in the information I have to work with. I intend to include information from the old minute book, memories and stories of the older folks, a brief biographical sketch of the early families and pictures of as many of the early members as I can find. Families that were among the first members include:

Beard
Dunaway
Cooper
Thornhill
Hammond
Newman
Mulford
Carr
Branton
Prescott (a woman named Caroline Prescott was on an early membership list)
Boyd
Buchanan
McLeod

There are many others, but these are some of the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Please contact Greg by responding on this message board. He will read the messages and get back to you.

Shannon Gorman
Marion County MSGENWEB
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Laurel Gorman 1223390086000 
Wesley Newman 1512522235000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic