Search for content in message boards

McIntyres

Replies: 14

Re: McIntyres

Posted: 1518586827000
Classification: Query
It is alleged this has come from the book written by Gene Shaw McIntyre (1994) "Descendants of John McIntyre b 1740 and found in the Brookhaven MS Library. It is true that on the post on the bulletin board in 2002 by Lester Parks, Parks correctly quotes Gene Shaw. I recently (January 2018) went to Brookhaven and researched Shaw’s book. His entire reference on John McIntyre b 1740 His wife Ann as well as their children Margaret b 1768, Archibald b 1770, and Infant John was lifted from the ship Jupiter records which say it landed at Wilmington N.C. on 4 September 1775. The Issue I have is that the census and the will of Elizabeth, wife of Danial, that they were all born in Scotland.
If this is true Archibald b 1770 would have to grow up. get married return to Scotland have the three boys then return to North Carolina. Would he have stayed with his parents in Wilmington until he grew up then go back to Scotland? Would he have returned to Scotland as a child? What would cause him to leave his Grandparents, parents and a brother and sister to go back. Leaving Scotland at the age of 4 he would have no memories of family, girlfriend etc that would cause him to go back to Scotland. I cant think of any plausible explanation to make me believe this family is his parents. I have purchased and researched several books by David Dobson from Directory of Scots in the Carolina's. Scots in Georgia and the deep South (where I found Daniel and his family even though the dates and ages of the family were wrong. There are 20v or more books on Scots by David Dobson and I continue researching them. My latest is Ships from Scotland to America 1628-1826 Volume 1 and 2 I have found several McIntyre’s that we could say are our ancestors as they arrived in the Carolinas around 1778 to 1805 but the passenger list only names the father or father and mother and says "the children. I am going to continue research, however my time is running out I am 85 yrs. old. Hopefully others cand find that ship and the ships passenger list. The earliest confirmed information is that Colon was Married in North Carolina 1n 1814 and his daughter Margaret b 12 march 1815 was baptized in the Bluff Church in N.Carolina. he moved to Jefferson County Ms. shortly afterward and died in 1819. Colons Wife Kathrine Colquehoun Married Colons Brother John. John was farming in Mississippi when Colon died. John was the Executor of Colons Will. Daniel Had come to Mississippi and served in the war of 1812 for 6 months. He married Elizabeth in 1831 and raised a family dying in 1853. John Jr. Son of Colon was the Executor of Danial’s estate.
John had died in 1848 leaving a large estate including 16 slaves.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bobbyrawls797... 1018105899000 
Cynthia Lynn Hijazi 1044514676000 
Dianna Fox-Ma... 1388033576000 
Sonya Chishol... 1499533523000 
Calvin771 1518586827000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic