Search for content in message boards

JOHNSTON - Archibald

Replies: 0

JOHNSTON - Archibald

Posted: 1509749902000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1509750193000
Surnames: Johnstoun, Johnston, Johnstone, Johnson
I am looking for information on Archibald Johnston, half-brother of Frank Johnston (d. 1905 in Rochester following unsuccessful cancer surgery) who lived much of his adult life in Winona, MN. Frank was the uncle of Sarah Johnstone of Crysler, Stormont Co., Ontario, Canada, who married our William Johnston of Pendleton, Prescott Co., Ontario, Canada. Archibald is said to have lived in Waseca.

Both the Johnston and Johnston/e families came to Canada from Ireland and were of Scottish heritage. I came across oral family history that both families were kin and that William and Sarah were cousins. We have looked at the first 2 generations going back for them and found nothing. From this we are assuming that they are at least 3 generations removed from each other. Here is a link to the wedding photograph of Sarah on my PBase site:

http://www.pbase.com/cjmax/image/50463719

I am looking for someone from the Johnston/e family of Archie and Frank. I would like to get this puzzle sorted out as to just what our relationship is.

In 2005 I had reached a brick wall using traditional genealogy research. I had my Y-DNA tested with FTDNA. I was connected immediately with 4 other Y-DNA Cousins from 4 different parts of North America. We have continued our Johnston family research and now have over 80 Y-DNA Cousins from around the world, most of whom all go back to a common ancestor ca. 1243 AD. This has been determined by a complex algebraic formula called an algorithm which was developed by an Harvard educated Ph.D. mathematician, Bill Howard. It is surprisingly accurate. I would like to find a male Johnston from this family branch to do the 111-markers Y-DNA test so that we can determine just where in time our connection is.

FYI, recent developments in our research confirm that our line is part of the family of the ancient Clan Johnston/e Chiefs in Scotland. Here is a link to our private family group site on Yahoo:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JohnJohnstoun/info

I look forward to any and all help that I can get with our project.

Good hunting,

Clifford A. Johnston
Pearland, Texas

Find a board about a specific topic