Search for content in message boards

Kiesgen/Kisgen family in Morrison County

Replies: 0

Kiesgen/Kisgen family in Morrison County

Posted: 1504821090000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kiesgen, Kisgen, Jany, Janey, Heintz
I am doing some research on the Kiesgen/Kisgen family of Morrison County.
I have found the immigrant parents Joannes 'John' Kiesgen and his wife Anna Marie Heintz, their children, Catherine 'Kate', John, Mathias, Anne, and Mary.
They all indicate on census records that they emigrated in 1882 but so far I've not found that record.

I've found Joannes birth/christening record from Bombogen, Bernkastel-Wittlich, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany on familysearch.org, as well as his and Anne Maria's marriage record.

They are listed on the MN 1885 census in Culdrum twp with a surname of Kizen. I've also found them on the 1895, 1900, 1905, 1910, and 1920 census depending on which family member.

John died in Sept 1912 his wife Anna died in 1936. Mathias married Anna Jany/Janey and died in 1935, Anna the daughter died in 1955 in Hennepin County, John the son died in 1961 in Morrison County, Mary died in 1972 in Morrison County.
No one other than Mathias seems to have married, but I haven't been able to locate anything on Catherine other than she was born in 1873-1874 and was still alive in 1910 (at least her mother indicates on both the 1900 and 1910 census that she gave birth to 7 children and 5 are still living). And I haven't been able to find any obituary that lists surviving siblings.

Find a board about a specific topic