Search for content in message boards

Agnes Pavlish

Replies: 2

Agnes Pavlish

Posted: 1445954555000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vostral, Pavlish
27 Oct. 2015

I've been looking into the family history of an old friend of mine, and his wife is a descendant of Joseph Vostral and Agnes Pavlish. Both can be found on Find a Grave, buried in the state of Washington, and Agnes' obituary states that she was born in Silver Lake, McLeod, Minnesota on 1 June 1882 and her death certificate summary on a Washington State web site gives her father as John Pavlish and her mother is unknown. According to the obituary, Agnes married Joseph Vostral in 1899. Since she was born and married between available US censuses, I was fortunate to find Minnesota state censuses on FamilySearch. I've looked at the 1885 and 1895 censuses.

In both I've found a Pavlish family (with the usual mangling of the surname), husband John and wife Rose (Rosy, Rosa, or Rosalie) and their children. The only child that fits the birth period of Agnes is named Nancy in both censuses. I've been unable to find other Pavlish families in McLeod county in either census.

After they married, Joseph and Agnes moved to the state of Washington, with the other Vostrals, but returned for a few years to Minnesota. They are found in the 1910 US census living in Rich Valley Twp., McLeod County. Also listed on the same page are John and Rosy Pavlish and the families of two of their older sons.

The families certainly seemed to be tied, but the difference in given names, Nancy/Agnes, is the puzzle. Does anyone have information that could help solve this puzzle? Is Agnes actually Nancy? Is there a Pavlish family in McLeod county that I've overlooked?

Dave
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dave G 1445954555000 
barbdale_1 1446086760000 
Dave G 1446119258000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic