Search for content in message boards

THURSTENSON (1928-1929)

Replies: 3

THURSTENSON (1928-1929)

Joe E. Thurstenson (View posts)
Posted: 914068800000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thurstenson, Nordeen, Gustafsons
Peter Thurstenson, his wife Ida, Daughter Anna and son John Josef lived on a farm near Boyd, LacQuiParle Co., MN in 1928 and 1929. With the beginning of the depression, Peter had to turn the farm back to the bank that financed the loan (I would like to gain copies of these transactions). I have evidence of Henry Gustafson being their friend during this time. Any connection with that family would be great. It looks like they attended the Maxell-Providence Mission Church of Dawson,LacQuiParle Co.,MN and I have a name of Rev. A. W. Noreen as pastor in 1928 along with a picture of Francis, Ruth and Lois Nordeen. My dad was 17/18 while living on the farm and he had great love for the barn "where the water would not freeze during the winter" and the fine house thereon. There was a windmill in front of the barn and beautiful evergreen trees (don't know if they were cedar or what) in front of the house. Anyone with any clues that would help me pinpoint this farm would be greatly appreciated. Any contact I could have with any of these families mentioned that might give me clues regarding the Thurstenson's short stay in this community are highly desired. Hopefully, we will be able to make a trip from Arkansas to Minnesota in the near future to touch these places in our family history. When the Thurstenson's left this farm, Peter obtained three immigrant rail cars and loaded livestock, farming equipment, household goods and himself on these cars in the dead of winter for a trip to Anoka, NE. John Josef drove the car with his mother and sister. Would there be any local history of this kind of rail expedition in your area?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joe E. Thurstenson 914068800000 
betyjean 1038190452000 
betyjean 1038190452000 
Hannah Gustaf... 1496206050000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic