Search for content in message boards

Caroline Dahl or Caroline Helgersen

Replies: 2

Caroline Dahl or Caroline Helgersen

Posted: 1149514851000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dahl , Helgersen , Helgerson
I am searching for information on Caroline Dahl or Caroline Helgersen. She was born in 1800 in Norway, emmigrated in 1850 (husband Helge deceased in Norway) to Dane County, Wisconsin with her children, Ingeborg born 19 Mar 1843, Nels, Halvor, and Karen. Then moved to Dodge County in 1856. She is on the 1880 census in Olmstead County under the name of Dahl living with her daughter Ingeborg. I found in the 1860 census a Caroline Helgersen, age match, living in Canisteo, Dodge County, living with Isabel (could this be Ingeborg?) Helgerson and Caroline Helgersen (could this be Karen?) and Neals Helgerson (this could be Nels) Isabel and Ingeborg ages match. I don't have birthdates on the other children but they are certainly in the area of Ingeborg and could be. I know there is also a 1857 census of Dodge County at the Historical Society. Anyone out there live in Dodge County and could do a lookup? I also found a Oliver D. Helgerson, born 1833 in Canisteo, could this be my Halvor? Age is about right. The 1860 census in Canisteo, Dodge County, doesn't just state born in Norway but what appears to read Chester L. Norway. Am very confused about this. Page 3 of 9 if anyone wants to take a look. I am trying to get death certificates for Caroline and her children. I have Ingeborg's. But I just need to confirm what names they were going by. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KATHLEEN DUNN 1149514851000 
DiddeC 1522191381000 
KATHLEEN DUNN 1523028004000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic