Search for content in message boards

Photos from Breen Township Centennial book

Replies: 0

Photos from Breen Township Centennial book

Posted: 1518052933000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bishop, Breen
I own a copy of "Michigan's Breen Township, The First Hundred Years 1878-1978"

There are two photos in the book of some long lost relatives, and I would like to find the originals of those photos and get modern copies of them. The book is wonderful, but it is from 1978 and the photocopies of the pictures aren't the best. These are the only know photos of these people so I was hoping whom ever had these photos from this book might still have them and I could somehow arrange to get a modern scanned copy of the pictures or have them professionally copied. I found on the Dickinson County Genealogical Society website that they have many of the photos from this book reproduced, but unfortunately not the ones I am looking for. I thought someone on here might be able to help or point me in the right direction. Here is what I am looking for:

Page 57 - Upper photo. "The Steam Hauler" My Great Great Grandfather Claude Bishop is the train engineer leaning out the cab window.

Page 248 - Lower Photo. Longfellow 7th grade class photo 1914-1915. Aunts Effie Bishop and Dana Bishop are in this photo.

Please let me know if you might know how to get in touch with the owners of these photos. I originally purchased the book about 15 years ago from the author Bernice Bloomquist, but I am unsure if she is still alive as this book is already 40 years old.

I'm happy to travel to Iron Mountain if these photos can be found. I've attached photos of the pages.

Michael Bishop
MInneapolis, MN
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic