Search for content in message boards

St. Onge/Perrault

Replies: 16

Re: Nelson PERRAULT or PERRON

Posted: 1499975836000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1500038319000
Surnames: Perron, Denoyer, Benoit, Kirby
I just posted this as a reply to a post on this thread - maybe we can all finally start to fill the numerous gaps that keep popping up!

Michele & Helen,

If there is a definitive family tree for the family I would love to see it.

Michele, are you part of Perron Family Association?

I am John Nelson Perron, Jr. (59 yrs.), my dad's father was Theophil Perron who married Arbutus Kirby in Sault Set Marie, MI - and we have our deer camp in Kelden. The extended family has hunted and fished the area for generations. Nelson (Theophil's father) was my great-grandfather and I just finally found many answers to the lineage within this thread! Benoits and Perrons have many ties and it appears to be due to one Benoit family having 7 sisters who all took on married names and made it hard for us to keep track of cousins when we were growing up in the Upper Peninsula.

There has been confusion due to these facts passed on by my uncles as follows;
Nelson Denoyer came to North America and when his mother remarried it was to a Perron. although never adopted, Nelson took his stepfather's last name - and thus Nelson "Perron". This info is to the best of our oral family tradition and may have some errors or gaps. As noted throughout the Denoyer dit Perron history we are all reaching dead ends and gaps. I hope this contact will allow the hundreds of cousins to reach out and touch base. Would be great to see the confusion regarding Nelson Denoyer-Perron solved once and for all.

It appears my a number of my paternal grandparents and aunts & uncles were named after some of my great, great grandparents;

Malvina Perron (Cryderman)
Theophil Perron
Nelson (Denoyer) Perron

My family tree is posted on Ancestry and could really use some updates now that my siblings and I have info from this thread. Today happens to be my Dad's birthday (he would have been 82 yrs.) and it is very touching that my brother Richard found this and sent me the link.

Really hoping this reply sparks an avalanche of shared family trees. Ironically, there is Perronville, MI which was founded back in the lumber mill days that is associated with the family and it would be great to have a huge reunion gathering there some day. \

John Perron, born Sault Ste. Marie, MI
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
joyness1 1327080860000 
terry_schram3... 1508167678000 
jp_perron 1499975836000 
jr_pelland 1439144627000 
jp_perron 1499975224000 
Jes McCulloug... 1276281308000 
Jana Ingram 1400628736000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic