Search for content in message boards

Pennocks of Calhoun County

Replies: 13

Pennocks of Calhoun County

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 11:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Mar 2011 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Pennock, Micklatcher, LaBarr/LaBarre
Looking for any info I can get on Milo F. Pennock, born 18 Jan 1920, in or around Battle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan.

He married a Marjory Micklatcher, born about 1921, in or around Battle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan.

They had it is believed 4 children- 2 boys- Michael and Richard, and 2 girls- Bonnie (my birth mother) and Leathanne.

Milo died 26 Nov 2001 in Battle Creek, Mi. Margrie may have died late 1990s/early 2000s, also in Battle Creek, Mi.

Leathanne was single and lived with her parents for much of her adult life that I can remember. May have eventually married. A story I've been told is that she had a boyfriend who was in prison for murder and was 'saving herself' for him. True or not, I do not know. I never had a relationship with her and only vaguely remember seeing her once.

Bonnie Jean married my father, had my brother and I, then divorced in 1977. Custody was given to my father the next year. She remarried to a Jerry(?) LaBarr/LeBarre and has a son. Last known residence is Battle Creek, Calhoun County, Michigan.

I have no memories of either Richard or Michael, though I am told I did meet Richard at some point. I am also told they may have moved to New York at some point and that Richard worked for an airline.

I have had no contact with that side of my family since the early 1980s, so cannot find anything out via them directly.

Any info would be appreciated. I believe Milo may have worked at Kellogg's at one time. They lived in the neighborhood behind the Ralston/Purina plant, along the Battle Creek River, at 90 Riverside Drive (house is still there as of last summer).

I'd appreciate any info anyone can send me- wolfsilveroak@cox.net

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wolfsilveroak 2 Mar 2011 6:07PM GMT 
Carole Alden 2 Mar 2011 9:38PM GMT 
wolfsilveroak 2 Mar 2011 9:49PM GMT 
Carole Alden 3 Mar 2011 9:00PM GMT 
wolfsilveroak 4 Mar 2011 3:25PM GMT 
ItsMyFamilyTo... 6 Jul 2011 11:17PM GMT 
wolfsilveroak 7 Jul 2011 2:00AM GMT 
ItsMyFamilyTo... 7 Jul 2011 12:07PM GMT 
wolfsilveroak 7 Jul 2011 2:57PM GMT 
Jim Macey 7 Jul 2011 1:28AM GMT