Search for content in message boards

Hodgson, Eddie Bye, John Campbell

Replies: 7

Re: Hodgson, Eddie Bye, John Campbell

Posted: 4 Dec 2005 2:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a lot of information on the Hitchings family in Indiana, but have no idea whether there is a connection to the BYE family you are researching. I am reasonably sure that my grandmother had a cousin by the name of Fred Bye. His mother would have been my grandmother's aunt Elizabeth FREEMAN, his father E(a)rnest Bye. I believe his grandfather would have been Amos Bye whose family appears to have originally lived in Pennsylvania. Amos migrated across country and lived for quite a few years in Iowa. There must have been other stops as the family migrated. One aunt (of this Fred Bye) I found married and living in Michigan. Most of the family eventually wound up in California where Elizabeth and Ernest had their children. I'm not sure where Ernest and Elizabeth (she seems to go by Lizzy or Libby) actually met, but I found their marriage record in Texas. Before her marriage Elizabeth FREEMAN appears to have lived between 2 states -Texas (where her mother lived) and northern Ohio, maybe Michigan off and on - where her father and other relatives lived.

I have few details on this family's comings and goings. My father and grandmother never talked about her mother's side of the family at all, so I've learned most of this by researching. Fortunately, I recently found a couple of names my mother had jotted down years ago. Fred's name was one of these names - sort of confirmed what I thought I had found.

I know there is another Bye family that is Scandanavian - maybe Norwegian? Family members may still be in Michigan.Besides having similar given names in the 2 families, I don't know of any other connection. That is the main reason I asked about your Bye connection - wasn't sure which branch you were a part of!

I'd be glad to supply you with more information if you think there is a connection. Just let me know.

Jane Yeager
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
doc 12 Nov 2005 12:41PM GMT 
james_yeager 27 Nov 2005 9:05PM GMT 
doc 28 Nov 2005 12:47AM GMT 
james_yeager 4 Dec 2005 9:31AM GMT 
cangel1188 11 Sep 2008 11:33PM GMT 
kecheojibway 10 Oct 2011 7:58PM GMT 
BuggCrosbyEld... 27 Nov 2011 4:21AM GMT 
cangel1188 1 Jan 2012 11:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic