Search for content in message boards

LINCOLN, BRIGGS, CLAPP, THAYER

Replies: 4

Re: LINCOLN, BRIGGS, CLAPP, THAYER

Posted: 1514140966000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Lincoln, Gilman
I found this while searching on Bridget Gilman..We both have her birthday different and which Lincoln she married. The following article also says what I have. Please let me know your ideas..

https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-viewer/collection/1030/tree...

THOMAS LINCOLN
ORIGIN: Hingham, Norfolk
MIGRATION: 1633
FIRST RESIDENCE: Watertown
REMOVES: Charlestown 1634, Hingham 1636
EDUCATION: His inventory included "one Bible" valued at 8s.
ESTATE: Granted four acres of planting ground at Charlestown, January 1635/6 [ChTR 15].
In his undated will, probated on 26 October 1675, Thomas Lincoln bequeathed to "my beloved wife" all moveable goods "to be
wholly and solely at her disposing whom I make sole executrix"; to "the said Mary my said wife my dwelling house & all my lands,
orchards and gardens & meadows and all the timber and wood upon the said land ... during the time of her natural life"; after her
decease "Daniel Lincoln, my nephew, the son of Sam[ue]ll Lincolne my brother, shall have the houselot that I now dwell upon which
was given me by the town of Hingham," also "one-half my salt meadow lying at a place called Abraham's Well in Hingham ... & half
my planting lot upon Wearyall Hill & also four shares of all my divisions of land lately granted unto me by the town of Hingham ... &
also four shares of all the commons & commonage with all the wood and timber thereupon"; to "Samuell Lincoln my nephew the
eldest son of my brother Samuell Lincoln the houselot that I formerly purchased of Jarvice Goold (deceased) and also the other half of
my salt meadow & the other half of my planting lot upon said Wearyall Hill & also three shares in all the aforesaid divisions of lands
& commons & commonage with all the timber and wood thereupon as well that which shall be laid out hereafter as that which is laid
out already"; to "Samuell Lincolne my brother" £5; to "Mary Lincolne the daughter of my said brother Samuell" £5; to "Mordicah
Lincolne my nephew the son of my said brother" £5; to "Thomas Lincolne the son of my brother Samuell Lincolne" £12; to "Martha
Lincolne the daughter of my said brother" £5; and to "Sarah Lincolne the daughter of my said brother" £8 [SPR 6:97-99].
The inventory of the estate of "Tho[mas] Lincolne of Hingham deceased," presented at court on 26 October 1675, was untotalled,
and included £205 in real estate: "one dwelling house & houselot with four shares of commons," £60; "one houselot with three shares
of commons," £40; "2 acres of salt meadow," £24; "half an acre of salt meadow at Conihasset," £2; "3 acres of planting land," £10;
"the first division of land at Conihasset being seven shares," £30; "the second division of land at Conihasset being seven shares," £20;
"the third division of land being seven shares," £7; and "the fourth division of land being seven shares," £12 [SPR 5:272-73].
On 19 July 1680 widow Mary Lincoln joined with her husband's other heirs to sell her part of the thirty acre lot "lately granted to
Thomas Lyncolne late of said Hingham weaver now deceased and to Samuel Lyncoln Senr of the said Hingham and brother to the
said Thomas Lyncoln" [SLR 13:324-26].
BIRTH: Baptized Hingham, Norfolk, 27 November 1601, son of Edward and Bridget (Gilman) Lincoln [TAG 11:193-94].
DEATH: Hingham 2 September 1675 [NEHGR 121:197].
MARRIAGE: (1) By 1641 Susanna _____; "[S]ussanna the wife of Thomas Lincoln weaver died" at Hingham [blank] March 1641[/2]
[NEHGR 121:13].
(2) After March 1641/2 Mary _____; she died Hingham 21 December 1683 "Mary Lincoln an aged woman died" [NEHGR
121:213].
CHILDREN: None recorded.
ASSOCIATIONS: Brother of Daniel Lincoln, who died at Hingham in 1644, and of Samuel Lincoln, who died at Hingham; nephew of
NICHOLAS JACOB of Watertown.
COMMENTS: In his record of those who migrated from Hingham in England to Hingham in New England, under 1633, Daniel
Cushing included, immediately after the family of Nicholas Jacob, "their cousin Thomas Lincoln, weaver," with a household size of
one [NEHGR 15:25].
Thomas Lincoln probably settled briefly in Watertown with his uncle Nicholas Jacob, for he was admitted as an inhabitant of
Charlestown in 1634 [ChTR 11]. He signed the agreement which created the office of selectman in Charlestown, 10 February 1634/5
[ChTR 13], and was in the list of inhabitants of January 1635/6 [ChTR 15].
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barbara Tourtillott 903700800000 
PaulineGuzek 1037840390000 
bonniebrae 1279712875000 
bonniebrae 1279712877000 
poker7card 1514140966000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic