Search for content in message boards

Charles BARTLETT 1774-1836, possible Hancock Co. connection?

Replies: 1

Charles BARTLETT 1774-1836, possible Hancock Co. connection?

Loren Fay (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2006 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARTLETT
Since there were many Bartletts in Hancock County, I add this query to your list:

BARTLETT: Seeking connections of ancestry of Charles BARTLETT born 1774 died 1836, probably born in New England, later of Paris or Bridgewater, Oneida County, NY, by 1820, had wife Mercy HENRY ?, and eleven children: Henry, Laura, Anna, Truman, Clarissa, Mary, Phoebe, Charles, Jane, Louisa, Clark. Wife Mercy and daughter Clarissa my have been Quakers (Mercy in 1828 Quaker member list, Clarissa buried in North Bridgewater Quaker Cemetery and Charles and Mercy may be there without gravestones.) Son Henry may have been born in Vermont, as given in 1850 census. There were Quaker BARTLETTS in Danby, Vt., who came from Rhode Island, but the records of that meeting do not mention a Charles. Truman BARTLETT farmed in the Clayville, NY, area and had a butcher shop there, many of his descendants are buried in the Sauquoit Valley Cemetery there. My ancestors moved on to Wolcott, Wayne County, NY, and Homer, Cortland County, NY. My mother was born in Homer and we have six generations of relatives in the Glenwood Cemetery, Homer, NY. I have an 8 gen chart of Charles Bartlett's descendants. Thanks for reading. Loren Fay, Albany, New York.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Loren Fay 22 Jun 2006 8:14AM GMT 
cellis104 4 Mar 2012 7:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic