Search for content in message boards

Roy Shaw and Elizabeth Downs Shaw Ancestors

Replies: 1

Roy Shaw and Elizabeth Downs Shaw Ancestors

Posted: 1461240010000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1461266505000
Surnames: Downs, Shaw, Futrell, Stubblefield.
My name is James Chapman. We are in the process of doing a family tree on my mothers side of the family. What we have so far is.

Myself : James Earl Chapman
Mother: Martha Brown Chapman
Grandparents: Earl Charles Brown and Velma Shaw Brown.
Great Grand Parents: (Velma's parents) Roy Shaw and Elizabeth Downs Shaw.

Elizabeth Downs appears to be the daughter of David Theron Downs and Viola Knight. She was born on Dec 31st 1900 (IIRC) and married Roy Shaw (of Stewart County, Tn) in 1920. Elizabeth appears to be shown in multiple records as Lizzie Shaw.

I am trying to find information farther back than this in the Down's and Shaw lines, as well as the Knight family which Viola (Elizabeth's mother).

I have followed some information which indicates a connection between the Downs family and the Stubblefield's and the Futrell's.

From a family history (verbal), the Downs family had a farm in the Trigg County area until it burn in the early 1900's. At that time David Theron Downs moved to Colorado with one of his sons, while the rest of the family either stayed in the area or in Elizabeth's case moved to Cleveland.

The Shaw/Down's line is what we are currently researching back as far as we can. We believe the line goes back to pre-Revolutionary War days.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Chapman 1461240010000 
judyartley261... 1463346018000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic