I'd like to get anything you can give me on the following rough report...just reply to my email...
I'm just starting to building my tree...I am a descendent of Ward's on my mother's side who was a Preece. The maternal lines seem to run back to Wards...
Descendants of J.R. Ward, Sr.
Generation No. 1
1. J.R.1 WARD, SR. died Bet. 1941 - 1944 in Tomahawk, Kentucky?. He married HANNAH HOBBS. She died 1937 in Tomahawk, KY?.
More About J.R. WARD, SR.:
Residence: Tomahawk, KY
Child of J.R. WARD and HANNAH HOBBS is:
2. i. ESSIE2 WARD.
Generation No. 2
2. ESSIE2 WARD (J.R.1) She married (1) JESSIE BRANHAM. She married (2) LOUIE BARTA.
Notes for JESSIE BRANHAM:
Jessie Branham also had an unknown son who went down on an unknown ship in WWII...unknown location (from Essie Jane Moore's recollection of stories as a little girl).
Children of ESSIE WARD and JESSIE BRANHAM are:
3. i. MARY ALICE3 BRANHAM.
4. ii. EDNA BRANHAM, b. Bet. 1994 - 1996, Georgia.
5. iii. MANDY BRANHAM.
iv. VIRGINIA BRANHAM, m. (1) JAMES WASHINGTON; m. (2) WOODROW UNKNOWN.
v. JESSIE BRANHAM, m. KATHLEEN UNKNOWN.
Notes for JESSIE BRANHAM:
Jessie was in WWII in 1942...sent a card to Mandy Combs, his sister, which Essie Jane Moore has. It is a photostat copy as cards were mailed in that day.
vi. BUDDY BRANHAM.
Child of ESSIE WARD and LOUIE BARTA is:
vii. MOLLY ANN3 BARTA.
Notes for MOLLY ANN BARTA:
She was married and had two children. Her husband killed her and her two children...trying to find out when...
Generation No. 3
3. MARY ALICE3 BRANHAM (ESSIE2 WARD, J.R.1) She married (1) JAMES "MAJOR" PREECE, son of BEN HOWARD and BIETHA PREECE. He was born in Martin County, KY. She married (2) UNKNOWN. She married (3) NICK COLLINS. He was born in Chateroy, W. Va-Borderland Holler. She married (4) RICHARD MCVEIGH.
Child of MARY BRANHAM and JAMES PREECE is:
6. i. ESSIE JANE4 PREECE, b. November 07, 1934, Martin County, KY.
Child of MARY BRANHAM and UNKNOWN is:
ii. UNKNOWN4, b. Bet. 1952 - 1953; d. Bet. 1952 - 1953.
Children of MARY BRANHAM and NICK COLLINS are:
iii. BILLY RAY4 COLLINS.
iv. JOY LEE COLLINS, b. November 14, 1937.
v. JULE FAYE COLLINS.
vi. BOBBY COLLINS.
vii. JESSIE ARLENE COLLINS.
4. EDNA3 BRANHAM (ESSIE2 WARD, J.R.1) was born Bet. 1994 - 1996 in Georgia. She married WACK WOODY.
Children of EDNA BRANHAM and WACK WOODY are:
i. THELMA4 WOODY.
ii. JACK WOODY.
iii. FAYE WOODY.
iv. GARY WOODY.
5. MANDY3 BRANHAM (ESSIE2 WARD, J.R.1) She married UNKNOWN COMBS.
Child of MANDY BRANHAM and UNKNOWN COMBS is:
i. JIM4 COMBS, m. HERMA LEE UNKNOWN.
Generation No. 4
6. ESSIE JANE4 PREECE (MARY ALICE3 BRANHAM, ESSIE2 WARD, J.R.1) was born November 07, 1934 in Martin County, KY. She married BILLY GENE MOORE July 06, 1954 in Switzer, W. Va-Denver Steven's house, son of ALBERT MOORE and MYRTLE SMITH. He was born November 06, 1934 in Martin County, KY, and died May 30, 1992 in Louisville, KY.
Notes for BILLY GENE MOORE:
He was a member of AA and helped many people throughout his life get into the program. He was a chosen speaker for the Worldwide AA Conference and a Kentucky State Delegate for the program in 1981-1983. He took his family along to New York City for the Conferences. He was well known in the community and the US for the program. He was named an Honorary Kentucky State Colonel for his work with the program as well.
More About BILLY GENE MOORE:
Burial: Moore Cemetary, Wolf Creek, KY
Cause of Death: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and heart failure
Education: Bet. 1989 - 1990, Received GED
Medical Information: Billy had five heart attacks prior to his death. The first one was at age 35. The primary cause of his death was Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. He was on a waiting list for lung/heart transplant.
Children of ESSIE PREECE and BILLY MOORE are:
i. PAMELA ANN5 MOORE, b. March 30, 1971, Parma, Ohio; m. LYNDON RANDALL COX, June 12, 1999; b. January 30, 1964, Hamlin, Texas.
ii. PATRICIA ANN MOORE, b. June 10, 1955, Cleveland, Ohio; m. (1) ROBERT BRADY, SR.; m. (2) WOODROW BURTON.
iii. RONALD DEAN MOORE, b. August 05, 1956; m. ADRIENNE, Cleveland, Ohio.
iv. JAMES DEAN MOORE, b. March 07, 1967; d. March 16, 1967.
Notes for JAMES DEAN MOORE:
James Dean had cystic fibrosis...died 9 days after birth...buried in a cemetary on Ridge Road in Parma, Cleveland, Ohio initially. Upon Billy Gene Moore's request (father) before his death in 1992, James Dean's body was removed from Cleveland and moved to the Moore Cemetary in Wolf Creek, KY where the family is to be buried.
More About JAMES DEAN MOORE:
Burial: 1992, Moore Cemetary, Wolf Creek, KY