Search for content in message boards

ancil or ansel adams born 1816 or 1819 from either kentucky or virginia

Replies: 0

ancil or ansel adams born 1816 or 1819 from either kentucky or virginia

Posted: 1491987974000
Classification: Query
Surnames: adams, winterstein
trying to find infor on my great great grandfather ancil or ansel adams of either ky or va and born in either 1816 or 1819. now what i do know: married sarah ann winterstein of pennsylvania on 10/31/1838 in jefferson county , indiana. they had 9 children, ansyl monroe adams, rachel adams dean, george adams, david andrew (my great grandfather), born march 3, 1854 in illinois, taylor, nancy restine adams, elizabeth, and john quincy. i know his wife sarah ann died abt 1860, and sometime later i believe he married a lady named eliza or liza and they had several children, and he may possibly even have married a 3rd time. ansyl and david came to woodward county in the early part of 1889 to seek land in woodward, ok. i believe several of ansel/ancil's children may also have come, but nothing indicates that their father ansel/ancil came with them. i have found some census which say he was born in ky, and others say va. i don't know who his parents or siblings were. any information would be appreciated. i have seen papers that show his name spelled ansel/ancil and born either in ky or va, with dob of either 1816 or 1819. what most agree on is he died in 1883. could have been in ky, mo, ill, or tx. my email is holein1one12003@yahoo.com

Find a board about a specific topic