JAMES SULLIVAN, Jr. was born 1768 in Essex County Virginia, the son of Irish immigrant, James S. Sullivan, Sr. and his wife, Elizabeth. James came to Kentucky with his brothers, Lewis and Obediah and a sister Susannah and settled in Woodford County, Kentucky. There he married Jane "Jincy" Collins, daughter of Joseph and Susannah Collins. On February 13, 1835, James purchased 383 acres of land on main Elkhorn from Gabriel and Polly Sullenger. The family remained on this land until their deaths. James died on March 25, 1855 and his will written April 1846 is recorded in the records of Franklin County. Although, earlier census records indicate more children born to this family, only five sons are known; Theodrick N.; Lewis L.; Horace H.; James Matterson; and Thomas J. Sullivan. On August 23, 1852, James Sullivan wrote a codicil to his will stating that his son, Horace Sullivan had died. James Sullivan's estate was divided between the heirs of Horace Sullivan, Lewis L. Sullivan and Theodrick N. Sullivan. HORACE H. SULLIVAN was married twice. First to Eliza Ann Suter and second to Maria L. B. Hiter. His heirs sold lot # 3, division of James Sullivan. LEWIS L. SULLIVAN married first Mildred Head and second Mrs. Sarah Ann Macey Henry. Lewis sold his division, lot # 1, in 1858.
THEODRICK N. SULLIVAN married on August 5, 1856 to Nancy Church, daughter of James and Mary Moss Church. Eight children were born to this union; Medora, George Frazier, James Madison, Claude, Harry H., Jennie, Charles D., and Louis T. Sullivan. Theodrick is the only son of James Sullivan, Jr. that kept his inheritance of 194 acres of land. In the years that followed T. N. purchased additional land to increase his land holdings to 337 acres. He became one of Peaks Mills leading farmers. He operated a hemp factory and in 1868, he opened a general store which he operated for several years. The homeplace of Theodrick and Nancy is still standing on Sullivan Lane. Many descendants of the Sullivan family still remain in Franklin County.