Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM HOY BLACKBURN

Replies: 3

Re: WILLIAM HOY BLACKBURN

Posted: 1466435617000
Classification: Query
I thought I would take the time to post an important message on this line of Blackburn. I have done extensive studies on most lines of Blackburn in attempt to trace their origin back to an immigration to America and where they came from overseas. In most all cases the lines of Blackburn reach a point where the paper trail ends due to circumstances such as records being lost to fires, floods, oral histories forgotten, etc. It is therefore apparent that DNA research is ever so important in proving connections between different lines of Blackburn. DNA research is only viable in surviving MALE lines, once these lines end in only daughters the ability to conduct DNA research on these family lines is lost forever.

I have been working on establishing base DNA references for different lines of Blackburn, where currently over 60 participants have been tested establishing references to about a dozen key Blackburn lines. Currently there are no DNA references for the Blackburn line that originates from Richard Blackburn of Ripon Lodge in Virginia, whose descendants are supposedly the family of William Hoy Blackburn. Having a DNA sample from this Blackburn line would be valuable in making comparisons between the other lines of Blackburn originating from Virginia and the lines originating from Yorkshire in England. This would make the surviving sons here, William Herman Blackburn of St. Louis MO., Stephen Blackburn of Princeton, KY and Rick Blackburn of Princeton, KY, and their male children viable candidates to establish a base DNA reference for this Blackburn line. While it is best to have more than one DNA sample, say between cousin branches, all it takes is one DNA sample to establish a base of reference. This simple test can be done at Family Tree DNA (FtDNA) for about $268 and I would recommend no less than a 64 marker test. I stress again that once these male lines end in only females, the ability to use DNA as a research method for this Blackburn line will be lost forever. Hopefully someone from this Blackburn line of William Hoy Blackburn will see this post and take interest in participating in this genealogical DNA study to preserve a reference for their Blackburn line. If so, please contact me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ken_Gilkey 1326487907000 
letshavetea 1327722801000 
pdgilkey 1327776814000 
alchemaniacal 1466435617000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic