Search for content in message boards

Adair County Research

Replies: 3

Re: Adair County Research

Posted: 1507223950000
Classification: Query
Hello Laura,
I believe that Melissa Hurt is my g.great-grandmother. She is the mother of Alma Bunch. Alma is the mother of Elizabeth Menees, who is my father's mother.

My grandmother, Elizabeth Menees, always called her grandmother, Mama Lis, which I think is most likely Melissa not Mary. I know the records show M E Hurt, so it is not clearly defined. M. E. married T Hope Bunch, but he died within a few years. They had one daughter, Alma Bunch, my great-grandmother. Mama Lis later married Charles Tanner, and they had a son, Frank Tanner. I have Alma Bunch's photo that has a note on the back, My little brother, Frank Tanner.
I cannot find any documentation for T Hope Bunch, other than the marriage license. B F Hurt was a successful merchant, so I would expect that T Hope Bunch would have come from a similar background, but I can not find a family link. He could have died at the Battle of Shiloh. I know many records were lost during the war, but I would expect a family Bible or story.
It is T. Hope Bunch who I am trying to research now. He would be my g.great-grandfather. I have a family tree that links back to the 1600's, but I'm stopped at 1865 with Mr. Bunch.
If you have any info about the Bunch Family, I would appreciate your sharing with me at mmaurer1800@gmail.com Thank you, Mary

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Fred Blair 1340476205000 
NICKELSBRAD 1503681530000 
Laura Jane 1507220763000 
NICKELSBRAD 1507223950000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic